Board of Directors
LifeSci Search partnered with SpineThera to bring on two Board Members to guide strategy and growth in a niche market
SpineThera designs and develops sustained-release, injectable drugs to meet the unique safety requirements for administration in and near the spine. They aim to offer patients and physicians new treatment options that reduce risk, improve outcomes, and manage overall treatment costs in markets with few or no approved drugs. SpineThera was seeking two new board members with biotech and healthcare backgrounds to help the company with overall growth and strategic planning. They were seeking three different phenotypes: Healthcare financier, biotech executive with strategic relationships, and MD therapeutic expert (pain specialist) with strong industry experience. We had a goal and accomplished combining these three phenotypes into two Board Members.
LifeSci primarily looked at Pain, Neurology, and 505(b)(2) companies leading to a smooth process with fast and productive interviews. We were able to present 7 qualified potential candidates with the following two candidates landing as their new Board of Directors.
- Shaheen Lakhan, MD, PhD, FAAN: Neurologist, pain physician, and experienced biotech industry Chief Medical Officer.
- Doug Drysdale: Doug is a biotech executive with almost 15 years of CEO experience, building and turning around 4 pharmaceutical companies.
We successfully identified and placed Shaheen Lakhan, MD, PhD, FAAN and Doug Drysdale as BOD for SpineThera. Shaheen Lakhan, with his extensive research, education, patient advocacy, and philanthropy portfolio, he had the right background to provide clinical and regulatory strategy report and bring investor confidence with his expertise in the therapeutic area. Doug Drysdale, with his experience forming management teams, recruiting board members, completing 16 corporate acquisitions, and raising around $4B of both private and public capital, he brought both the strategic relationships and financier pieces SpineThera needed.
|Candidates Formally Presented:
|Time to Hire
Shaheen Lakhan, MD, PhD, FAAN | BOD
- CMO, Click Therapeutics, Inc.
- Clinical Professor of Neurology, Western University of Health Sciences
- Neurology Consultant, Mount Auburn Hospital
Doud Drysdale,| BOD
- CEO, Cybin Inc.
- Board Member, Salubrent Pharma Solutions
- Senior Advisor, HumanityCorp
- Founder, Katogen LLC
- President & CEO & Director, Tedor Pharma, Inc.
Ready to realize your future?